Friday 5 July 2013

Essie Haul

I would like to introduce you all to my wonderful camera, Ryan Gosling (of course)! He's a Nikon J1, which I like to call as a half digital and half professional camera. This is what I use for my blog photos and YouTube videos; I use my iPhone 4 (named BeefnCheese Burrito for hunger reasons - nicknamed Beefy) for my Instagram.

HAUL-A! During my shopping, I picked up four Essie polishes and included swatches of those polishes below. The first is Where's My Chauffeur, a rich and lavish turquoise from the Winter 2013 collection. This colour is very close to the iconic Tiffany blue, which is why it's so popular and difficult to get a hold of.

Fortunately, my cousin works at London Drugs and was able to put this on hold for me cause it sold out fast! It's a really beautiful colour and I love the name! This is a description from the Essie website that I found amusing, "the nail colour that never fails to pick you up." Here's a bottle shot and my right hand.

The next two polishes, Sand Tropez and Bikini So Teeny, are painted together, cause I love browns and blues together! Just from hearing both their names, they sounded like a match-made-in-a-beach haha, I kid. I do get a sense of a Summer breeze in a beach with these two colours. 

The last polish is Lady Like, a sophisticated and elegant mauve. Lady Like and Bikini So Teeny were included in a sort of renewed collection, since these polishes and many more (like Butler Please and Mint Candy Apple) were so popular from their first launch, Essie decided to bring them back! Which was great cause my mini Bikini So Teeny was running low. But back to Lady Like, this photo was taken with a flash to show the flowers clearly.


The flowers were done the same way as I did the Polkadots and Florals design (previous post); swirling the colours with a small dotting tool lightly.

This polish is one of those colours that are soo pretty that I couldn't do an excessive design on top. A simple accent on both hands, and I like to make each hand a little different, so I often do an accent on my left ring finger and right index finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment