Saturday 22 June 2013

Flower Ring

This design was inspired by my flower ring. I always get compliments when I wear the ring, so I thought it'd be neat if I replicated the flowers onto my nails!

The polishes I used were Essie Beyond Cozy, L'Oréal Golden Lucks, L'Oréal Tangerine Crush and a jelly cream Barielle polish. 

Golden Lucks is very similar to the gold outline on the ring, however the polish is quite sheer. Instead of outlining the flowers with Golden Lucks, I used it as a base colour then painted the flowers. I didn't want to use rhinestones like the ring for this design, so I simply painted Beyond Cozy between the flowers with a dotting tool.

I like the idea of accent nails, so I only painted the flowers on two fingers for both my hands. This way it won't look overwhelming and busy. Here's another view of my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment