Monday 10 June 2013

Needle Marble

I'm behind on my posts since my nails have grown out of this square shape and into an almond shape now. So let's get to it!

Of all the types of nail art, water marble is probably my worst; it never turns out well every time I try. Having said that, I was excited to hear about an alternative marble design without using water! This is the final look of my version of needle marble nails. 

The polishes I used were Ciaté Power Dressing and Ciaté Cabaret. Power Dressing is a mini rich dark blue that came with my Ciaté mini mani month. Cabaret is a creamy purple that came with my Velvet Manicure set. My favourite part about Ciaté polishes are the packaging; the bottes and bows (of course) are absolutely adorable!  

To achieve this look, I started with a clear base coat, followed by the Ciaté polishes depicted below. I applied thick layers of each polish and lightly swirled the two colours with a dotting tool.

The swirling from the dotting tool adjusted the level of the layers a bit, and for that reason I used Essie Good to Go as my topcoat to make the design glossy and smoother. 

I love how my pinky from my dominant hand turned out, so here's a closer picture.

Aaaand here are a couple more snapshots with my thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment