Saturday 26 January 2013

Polkadots and Florals

I couldn't have picked an easier combination to do than polkadots and roses! These were the first designs I practiced when I received my nail art brushes from eBay last year. Took me a few trials to finally master the technique.

The colours I used were China Glaze Tree Hugger, Essie Play Date, To Buy or Not to Buy, and Turquoise and Caicos.

I also used L'Oréal I Will (behind the four bottles) to highlight the roses. It's really simple, I applied little blobs of Play Date, then less blobs of I Will, swirled the colours together with a dotting tool (can be replaced with a toothpick), added Tree Hugger for the leaves, et voilà!

And finally, both hands! I used Essie Good to Go as my top coat cause it dries almost as fast as Seche Vite without the extra thickness. There's something great about the formula of Good to Go that somehow hides any flaws, like air bubbles or visible brush strokes, and I can go to bed a few minutes after and find zero bed sheet marks in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment